International maintenance allowance

According to law, you and your (ex) partner are jointly responsible for caring for and raising your children. You are obliged to fulfil this duty, according to Dutch law, until your children reach the age of 21. You are also obliged to care for your partner. In the same way he or she is obliged to care for you. An expensive matter. It is therefore necessary that you and your partner make financial arrangements in the event of a separation. A monthly amount is determined in court for the child and/or ex-partner. We refer to the amount for the child as child maintenance. In the case of the ex-partner, we call it partner maintenance. Together with your partner, you should come to an arrangement concerning these payments.